Galp’s refinery in Sines is the second largest in the Iberian Peninsula and one of the largest in Europe. This unit consists of 3 factories that produce, among others, diesel, gasoline, jet, naptha, sulfur and liquefied gas.
In this project, with an end planned for 2020, Sotécnica was responsible for:
- Replacing existing tables in 3 transformation stations;
- Construction of 5 new MCCs and their installation with cable connection and fire sealing;
- Production of OKKEN IS333, 4b form, with tinned bus for 4000A, which comprise about 564 drawers with intelligent motor protection relays connected by communication to automata;
- Installation of automata on the switchboards for integration into the DCS of the refinery;
- Intakes by prefabricated piping;
- Detection and protection of the electric arc by fibre and VAMP equipments.